The first few months of 2015 have seen some super interesting announcements in Higher Education. These are our favourites…
- UCAS opening the doors to european universities – for a rumoured £25,000 set-up fee!
- Women are one-third more likely to go to university. The growing gender gap and other interesting facts can be found in this THE article by Danny Dorling.
- Birmingham Conservatoire gets a new home.
- And whilst we’re talking about new campuses, Campus Heart at Teeside looks pretty cool!
- Warwick University announces plans to add a Californian campus! Perhaps what’s most interesting about this is how a place-name transcends geographical boundaries. At what point do universities become international brands?
Here’s a nice video from Teeside about their new campus:
Have we missed something juicy? Let us know on twitter via @SMILEupdate.
In other news
Not university related, but fun for those interested with digital.
Ever tried taking a panorama on your iPhone whilst rolling down a hill? This is what it looks like…
Panoramic picture taken while rolling down a hill. pic.twitter.com/UJbtcTnrED
— Into The Wild (@Wild_Outdoors) January 28, 2015
I’d like to work with Glasgow uni, just because it looks a little bit like Hogwarts!
— Glasgow University (@GlasgowUni) January 26, 2015
If you’re working with digital and want a nice little read on UX, Mailchimp, are now giving away their book on this for free!
— Twitter Design (@design) January 23, 2015