Google and Facebook sometimes ask you to verify your domain for their services to work correctly with your site. They usually offer a few different ways to verify your domain, and SMILE can help you with some of them.
Google usually asks for domain verification for Search Console.
- Google Tag Manager: If you have Google Tag Manager installed and you have publish permissions on the container, verifying should be as simple as pressing the ‘verify’ button in Search Console.
- Meta tag: Send SMILE the <meta> tag from Search Console and we’ll add it it to your site. It’ll look something like this:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="your verification string">
- DNS: You’ll need to ask your domain name provider to add a new DNS record to your domain.
- HTML file: This option isn’t supported for HappyPress sites.
You’ll likely need to verify your domain if you’re using Facebook Business Manager.
- Meta tag: SMILE can help you here! Just send us the <meta> tag provided in Business Manager and we’ll get it added to your site. It’ll look something like this:
<meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="your verification string" />
- DNS: Get in touch with your domain provider and have them add a new DNS record to your domain.
- HTML file: We don’t support the HTML file upload method on HappyPress sites.