Regenerating User Passwords
Depending on your own user role and its level of permissions, you may have the power to reset the password(s) of your colleagues or staff in the case that they find themselves unable to access the site.
This can happen for a number of reasons – commonly due to forgotten passwords or misplaced activation emails – but is easily dealt with.
- Log in to the site and navigate to the affected user’s settings page by clicking their name in the user list.
- Scroll down to the ‘Account Management’ section and click ‘Generate Password’.
- Here you have the choice to create your own password or use the one generated for you. Whichever you choose, please make sure to copy the password and paste it somewhere safe for the short-term.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Update User’ to complete the process.
- The user’s password has now been changed. Please pass the new password onto them and ask them to reset it themselves to something more memorable using these steps as soon as they have logged in.
Steps 2, 3 and 4.