16th March 2021
The importance of web accessibility: How being inclusive can improve your university’s website
In association with
This event is happening on Tuesday 16th March 2021, at 14:00 UTC.
Find out what time this is in your local timezone.
Do you struggle to get those around you to understand what accessibility is all about and what impact it has? You’re not alone. At SMILE, we’re keen to promote that accessibility should be embedded in your organisation’s culture – we don’t believe that it should be seen as a checkbox exercise.
Join our webinar on the 16th March 2021 to learn more about website accessibility and how it applies to your organisation with Jennifer Chadwick, Lead Accessibility Strategist at Siteimprove and Sarah Jones (Digital and UX Manager at the University of Gloucestershire).
Key webinar takeaways will include:
- Practical tips on how to increase the visibility of accessibility within your organisation
- Understand how you can monitor website accessibility and manage ongoing responsibilities
- How to build an action plan for new and existing web properties
This webinar is suitable for:
- Executive Management: Understand how accessibility can help meet your strategic and institutional goals
- Content Writers and Marketing Officers: Consider alternative methods of content consumption
- Designers and Developers: Find out the different ways in which users interact with your work and make your out more inclusive
Jennifer helps organisations develop their strategy for integrating accessibility and inclusive design into ICT deliverables and adopting a culture of inclusion. W3C Invited Expert and member of the IAAP and the ICT Accessibility Testing Committee.
Sarah heads up the digital team at the University of Gloucestershire where they have just launched a new website following a 2 year rebuild project. She has over 20 years’ experience of working with the web including a role at Dolphin Computer Access which ignited Sarah’s passion for accessibility and a user-first approach